Monday, May 17, 2010

Cassie's week at Coop

My last week at coop has been a lot of fun, in and out of the office. I finished a project that entailed recording all the feedback from students that Jeremy did workshops for in Calgary. I noticed that all the comments were very positive. I learned that so many students were touched by Jeremy's speech on homophobia that they started outwardly making changes in their school by standing up to bullying and discrimination.

On friday Mirian, Courtney and I went to the National Art Bank of Canada and got a tour around the place. We saw some amazing artwork, all done by Canadian artists. A notable artist that I found truly captivating was Rick Leong, who painted a vivid mural of a tree that stretched out into a colourful backround. The Art Bank had an overall beautifull collection of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment